Preparation and update
To ensure that the product update can be carried out without any problems, the following information should be observed:
1. Switch your project to "maintenance mode". (Deactivate it again after the update!)
2. Save (if any) your changes and your own uploaded graphics.
3. Perform the product update.
4. (If desired) After successfully updating, delete the old template group of your product.
5. Now insert your changes and your own graphics again. Finished!
Option 1: Update via Package server (SK-Designz)
The easiest way to carry out the update reliably is the "packet server" variant. In order for this to work reliably, you must first add the respective package server to your WoltLab Suite installation. For this it is important that you add the respective package server for your WoltLab Suite Core version. If you have purchased our products in the WoltLab PluginStore, you must first synchronize your WoltLab customer account with your user account on SK-Designz, you can do this via the PluginStore verification. You can see which package server is suitable for which version here:
WoltLab Suite Core Version 3.0.X corresponds to our "Vortex" package server
WoltLab Suite Core Version 3.1.X corresponds to our "Tornado" package server
WoltLab Suite Core Version 5.2.X corresponds to our "Hurricane" packet server
( "X" serves as a placeholder and stands for any version number )
If you are not sure which WoltLab Suite Core Version you are using, you can easily find out:
To do this, log into your ACP (= Admin ControlPanel (also called Administration)) and switch to "Configuration" in the left sidebar and then to the "Packages" menu item. Look for the "WoltLab Suite Core" package (ID: 1) in the package list and look up your version number of the WoltLab Suite Core.
To add our packet servers to your WoltLab Suite installation, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your ACP (= Admin ControlPanel (also called Administration)) and switch to "Configuration" in the left sidebar and then to the "Package Server" menu item.
2. Select the "Add server" button at the top right. Now enter your access data - which you can see in your customer account. Then click on the "Submit" button. Your changes are now saved!
3. Now select "Management" in the left sidebar of the ACP and then the menu item "Cronjobs". Execute the cronjob "Updates package information" (triangle / play button).
If you have followed these steps, you have successfully added our package server to your project - if an update for one of your products is now available, you will be informed.
As with all other plug-ins / products in the WoltLab Suite, you can easily carry out the update via the ACP.
Option 2: Update via Paket Install (Manually)
If you prefer to carry out your product updates personally, this is of course also possible without any problems. Simply download the latest version of your product from SK-Designz or in the WoltLab PluginStore and then install it "normally" via the ACP (= Admin ControlPanel (also called Administration)). To do this, go to "Configuration" in the left sidebar and then to the "Packages" menu item. Select the "Upload package" button and then select the product you just downloaded - click "Submit". Now you have to confirm the product update again with "Next" and the installation then runs automatically.